Thursday, April 21, 2016

A Deck Interview with the Tarot Mucha

As always, this delightful Deck Interview spread comes from Beth at Little Red Tarot! Enjoy the stream of consciousness analysis... and sentence fragments.... AND the shitty iPhone photos. =D


Questions:






1. Tell me about yourself: what is your most important characteristic? Knight of Staves (Wands)

The Knight of Wands is passionate, active, reckless, and driven. This deck is not afraid to make things exciting and even a bit dangerous at times. This deck is not going to hold back. It's all about diving in head first, joining the fray, in pursuit of finding the truth, in pursuit of a noble goal. This deck won't pull its punches. But its motivation is always going to be to seek the truth. This deck will be honest and passionate and will expect me to be honest with myself and to put in the passion and the creativity to get the most out of it.

2. What are your strengths as a deck? King of Cups

The King of Cups is joyful and exuberant. He is compassionate and open-hearted. He brings harmony, love, and acceptance. He urges us to set out on a spiritual path, promising support in the form of solid emotional and spiritual guiding energies. This deck will have strong feelings about things. This deck will be very much concerned with the emotional and spiritual aspects of what it is telling me, perhaps it will not be very literal or concerned with practical aspects. It is worth pointing out that there are NO pentacles showing up anywhere in this Deck Interview Spread, which could support that theory.

3. What are you limitations as a deck? Five of Swords

Tension, conflict, and disagreement. The cards may not always play nice with one another. Maybe the deck will seem like sometimes it doesn't know what it is trying to say. The cards may fight one another. It's my job to find the compromise. And, looking ahead to the Ace of Cups and back to the King of Cups, it means I need to follow my intuition and inner guidance to find the harmony among the cards. It won't work to try to force them into submission with logic and spreadsheets (at least not only those things). 

4. What are you here to teach me? Eight of Swords

I have more control and power and agency in my life than I realize. Maybe it's telling me to be grateful for what I have in my life, and realize that I have everything I need. If I believe in myself, I can easily cast off the bonds that are holding me back and give myself more freedom. I don't deserve to feel shitty, basically. Nothing will ever come from giving up or giving in to depression. If I am honest with myself and willing to tap into my intuition, creativity, and passion, I can better my circumstances and come to a heightened place of confidence and contentment. 

5. How can I best learn from and collaborate with you? Ace of Cups

Have an open heart, don't hold back, trust your instincts, your intuition. Come with a full heart and be emotionally invested, be willing to be vulnerable. 

6. What is the potential outcome of our working relationship? The Hanged Man

Astounding realizations, enlightenment and understanding. For me, I think this means understanding myself. But also, attaining a higher level of spiritual fulfillment and satisfaction. I will be able to gain a completely new perspective on life, one that leads to greater happiness. 





Further Thoughts



I'm interested by the fact that not only did I get two Cups cards, but I got the Ace and the King, representing one completed cycle. I think it goes to the idea that the supportive, intuitive, and emotional energies of the King as the strength of the deck, and the Ace as the way in which I can best work with the deck, will be what help me with the more challenging aspects like the Knight of Staves and all that Swords energy. I also think of the fact that there are cycles within cycles, and also that when we reach the completion of the journey, we begin anew. I think it means that I will always find something new to learn in this deck.

Two Court (The King and the Knight) cards gives this deck a lot of potency and power. Those swords are troublesome for me. Maybe this indicates I've been putting too much stock in rationality/logic and need to embrace my intuition and creativity. I love the Hanged Man because that is exactly what I am seeking: a deeper understanding of my spiritual and emotional self. I think another aspect is saying that this deck will give me back what I put in. It's asking me to put in cups energy, and it will help me grow in that area. Similarly, I'm being called to tap into strong passionate energies and be willing to be uncertain and take risks sometimes by the action of the Knight of Staves. I really relate to the idea that the Knight of Staves is single-minded and even possibly reckless and ruthless in his pursuit of his goal, but in addition to this he is 100% loyal and honest. I think this deck will ask me to face difficult truths and will require me to be completely honest with myself in order to get the most out of the relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment