Friday, April 29, 2016

Daily Draw 4/29/16 - The Sun, The Hermit, and Justice

Today I felt like pulling a card for the day/weekend. I freshened up my altar yesterday and things are looking and feeling great! I ended up pulling The Sun, which is a card I have pulled on another Friday, and always is a welcome sight, especially in the spring! I wanted a little more detail, something to give me a little more focus and so I thought I'd draw a second card and hopefully get a pip or a court card for something more specific to focus on. Well, nope! I drew The Hermit, and looking further, I drew Justice. This deck just keeps walloping me with these huge cards! I figure this is something I'll probably be reflecting on throughout the weekend, but here are some first impressions on the cards...

I've already talked a lot about The Sun in a previous daily card draw, and I am still mainly connecting with those same energies of warmth, growth, vitality, and optimism. I feel like I'm doing a good job recently of continuing to walk this path towards a healthier lifestyle physical, mentally, and spiritually, which feels like it is all connected and gathered in the light of the sun. There is a social event coming up this weekend that I've been excited about for some time, but due to some personal stuff, there is an element of anxiety as well. I feel optimistic that everything is going to go well, and I think the Sun is reminding me to be open and trusting and have faith that things are going to work out. 

I haven't talked much about The Hermit or Justice on the blog yet. The Hermit is the birth card of my best friend, so I understand a little bit about it due to that.



The Hermit is concerned with isolation (not necessarily in a bad way), spiritual knowledge, self-reliance, and often includes a connection to nature in some way. I also think that there are elements of self-inquiry and soul-searching. The Hermit can represent the student and/or the teacher, and the lesson is notably a spiritual and deeply personal one. The lantern represents inner truth and knowledge. There is an interesting component of space and distance to The Hermit as well, with the implication being that The Hermit has departed from, turned away from, or left something behind in their quest to gain insight into life's deeper mysteries. I think that this card, like the Hierophant in some ways, asks us to take a moment to consider things that are of deeper and more lasting importance than trivial issues in our daily lives. I also like that, unlike the Hierophant, the Hermit is about us trusting ourselves, trusting our own guidance and our own authority and intuition in connecting with spiritual truths. Alternatively, it could indicate that if you are looking for a mentor or authority figure you may place more of an emphasis on those who value self-guided and intuitive learning over those who insist upon rote, traditional learning. 

For me, I think that this Hermit is actually pointing to those anxieties that I mentioned above. While I was thinking about a particular social gathering, I think that it can be applicable to a lot of the relationships that I have with my friends. Mainly my anxieties stem from a fear that my friends don't really like me, or that they are angry with me in some way. I think that this fear manifests in a tendency to isolate myself and to fear being ignored, rejected, or abandoned. I think that the Hermit is reminding me that it is okay to be solitary at times, but I think being seen here with the Sun it's a reminder that this is perhaps an ungrounded fear and that I should let the light, warmth, and optimism of the Sun reign.  



Justice is concerned with fairness, balance, morality, equality, cause and effect, and honesty. It is sometimes read from a literal standpoint of the law and legal matters. Justice is often associated with the swords suit.

What I think this is saying to me, as the natural extension of the Sun and Hermit cards as detailed above, is that if I trust in the energy of the Sun and trust that I've done the right thing, been fair and honest, then I have nothing to worry about, because I will reap what I sow. I went through some hard times recently with this particular group of friends, which includes my ex-boyfriend, and it was really difficult but in the end I think that we were all completely up-front about our feelings and honest with one another, and that we've all forgiven each other, and can now move past everything. I think old fears are still nagging me that people will be holding a grudge, but I think that the Hermit with the influence of the Sun is saying, let go of those fears, because you were honest and you did the right thing, and Justice is saying that we are all on the same page and things are fair and balanced. I also think the Hermit in regards to my social anxiety is letting me know that it's okay if I find myself alone now and again at a party or a gathering, and that it's not an indication of rejection or dislike. Overall thanks to the presence of the Sun, I'm feeling really relieved of my anxieties and optimistic about the weekend's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment