Friday, April 15, 2016

Daily Draw 4/15/16 - The Sun

Happy Friday! Today I shuffled my deck, thought about my day and upcoming weekend, and I drew:


The Sun!


The sun represents warmth, light, health, vigor, and vitality. The sun is also associated with wholeness, completion, success, and attainment. Other elements are confidence, strength, self-love and acceptance, happiness, joy and optimism. So, that's some pretty great energy to be taking into the weekend! I have a very busy weekend ahead of me and I think the Sun is reminding me to approach things with a light and open heart, and find the joy in each moment. 

I'm still very much connecting to the energy of the Star, and it's interesting to me to think of the ways that the Sun and Star interact. In some ways, the Sun outshines the Star, which I think is just a gentle nudge to not get too lost within my own internal musings and reflections. I think the Sun is urging me to be a little more expansive, spread the love and the joy around a little more. I know my boyfriend is going to have a stressful and busy weekend, and I haven't spoken to my parents and my best friend in a little while, so it's a good weekend to reach out and connect with and support the people that I love in my life. Earlier, I described the Star as showing me a light at the end of the tunnel. I think that the Sun is a hint that soon, life is going to deliver on that promise.

It's also very appropriate for this time of year, as we are having a very sunny spring weekend coming up. Things are still a little chilly, but more warmth is promised soon. The Sun is connected to energy and growth, and I think I'll heed the somewhat literal call of the Sun this weekend by maybe going for a run and doing some work in the garden. Those sunflowers attest to the fact that the sun isn't just about spiritual enlightenment and lofty goals, but also about our connection to the earth and the importance of getting our hands dirty. There is no "earth" card in the tarot, so I think that the Sun is the card that brings my attention back to nature more than any other. Getting outside, enjoying the earth waking up around us, and really connecting with the world brings a joy, contentment, and connection with ourselves as much as meditation or inner analysis does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment